3/31/13

Making A Seat Part Two

I picked my seat up from the shoe repair shop and found they stitched it a little further out then I thought they would have. No biggie, I should have specified. Plus I'm likely going to change it up in the future. Maybe try my hand at tooling something on it. 

Here's how it looked after getting it back from stitching and trimming the excess off

I put down a heavy coat of dye on the bottom

And a heavy coat on top

After another heavy coat of dye I let it dry then added what they call a sheen coat to seal in the dye. I let that dry and added a second sheen coat.

The next day, I gave it a buff and it looks pretty damn good. Not too bad for a first try. I learned a lot and know I can do even better on the next one.